Started light bleeding with headache and large abdomen. Feeling fatigue. HPT negative. What's wrong?

I visited my girlfriend for two weeks immediately after I left her period went from lasting quite a few days to only a day and the bleeding was very light. She started becoming more fatigued and having headaches mood swings strong cravings. She is supposedly "7 months" now and her stomach is very large beyond normal "pms bloating" shes taken many pregnancy tests and gotten all negatives but 1 pregnancy test did show positive. All of them were urine tests and no doctor has given her a blood test. Multiple midwives and doctors have checked her heart beat per minute and it was well above 100 leading them to believe she was pregnant. She's had 2 ultrasounds the first the doctor only scanned her waist line and found nothing the 2nd the doctor scanned her waistline belly and did a vaginal probe and saw no baby. Really stumped here could use any insight please
Posted Wed, 20 Mar 2013 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms
Answered by Dr. Y V Siva Sankara Murty 2 hours later

Thanks for writing to health care magic.

A large abdomen could be because of various causes.
It could be because just fat in the wall of the abdomen, a mass or a growth in the organs of the abdomen, etc. (like a myoma, ascites). So a large abdomen should not be mistaken for pregnancy.

Heart rate can be around 100 per minute because of various causes. Hyperthyroidism, anemia, anxiety etc are common causes. Even a quick walk can result in such heart rate. So this is also not diagnostic of pregnancy. Any way all the urine tests were negative. The one odd test could be wrongly positive or there could have been a abortion after that.

If ultrasound is negative for pregnancy then other causes of large abdomen and cessation of menstruation (amenorrhea) should be looked for.

She needs to be evaluated by a qualified gynecologist to exclude various causes of amenorrhea.

Hope this helps. I will be pleased to comment upon your other doubts, should you have any.