Started jogging. Feeling stiffness in ankle and mild inflammation. Related to uric acid issue?

Weight 84; Height - 177 cm
I've joined the health club and started with jogging/elliptical. I feel some stiffness and pain in the right foot ankle (back side). Heel is fine though...and it's only in the right foot. Though I run for 3-4 km and feel fine that time but later I feel some mild inflammation. Specially when I weat feels much better when you are bare foot. Could it be because of uric acid issue ....I checked in sometime back and it was 6.
Posted Mon, 13 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 55 minutes later
Hi, welcome and thanks for writing in.
First of all I want to tell your uric acid level is within normal range. 2 to 7.5 is normal range. So no need to worry about that.
Pain and inflammation at heel is possibly running. You are quite long distance and also your weight is more than recommended. It may also possible that shoes are not well fitted. So combining all these factors producing extra strain on heel area or back of ankle.
You have monitor your running and exercise to such a level that it will not produce any extra strain on body. You can take a personalised coach for that. It is not associated with any medical illness.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have further concern, please let me know.