Started itching on upper stomach. How to get relief?

I have XXXXXXX itching in the middle of my upper stomach. I have been trying to eat wheat free for 3 weeks but the itch just started yesterday
Posted Sun, 5 May 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 46 minutes later
Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query.
You have mentioned that you are a known case of irritable bowel syndrome. You are already following the treatment plan and were on a wheat free diet lately.
Itch you are describing can be a symptom of the irritable bowel syndrome, but the most commonest cause is gastritis. The excess acid which is secreted releases histamine which causes itching. You should consider taking a course of ranitidine or rabeprazole for a brief period.
Also if you ave not considered it before, start taking biofeedback sessions as it will help in IBS as well as itching.
Hope I am able to answer your concerns.
If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.
If not, you can close the discussion and rate the answer accordingly.
In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:

Wish you good health,
Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.