Started itching in groin area. Have a cottage cheese smelly discharge. What to do?

The space between my vagina opening and anus itches uncontrollably and sometime won't go away even when I do itch it. I've itched it so much at one time it's bled. I also have a cottage cheese discharge that smells sour and yeasty. I don't know what to do.
Posted Fri, 30 Nov 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
The itching you have can be due to an yeast infection and this can be ruled out only be performing a detailed examination.
This typically presents with the symptoms that you have described. This can be treated with antifungal angents like miconazole. You can use a vaginal pessary like Gyno Daktarin once a day for 2 weeks. Please follow the instructions on the package carefully.
It is also important to keep your private parts scrupulously clean. Trimming your pubic hair, not using any soap to wash your vagina and keeping the area clean and dry will help.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Started itching in groin area. Have a cottage cheese smelly discharge. What to do? 2 hours later
The discharge isn't lumpy, its more creamy and stains my underwear yellow. It still has a sour smell though. Would it still be a yeast infection?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 12 minutes later
Thanks for writing again.
The yellowish staining could be due to a bacterial infection. A vaginal swab culture will help in proper diagnosis.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.