Started itching all over body and looks like bug bite. How to stop this?

My whole body is itching and ive found something that looks like a bug bite, what can i do to stop this?
Posted Wed, 25 Jul 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 26 minutes later

Thanks for the query

It looks like you have developed an allergic reaction to the bug bite. For conditions like these an anti inflammatory drug like levocetrizine or fexofenadine can be taken,it will reduce the itching to a certain extent. Please ask your doctor for a prescription.
To soothen the itching calamine lotion can be applied generously or you could mix XXXXXXX milk in glycerine (1:1) and apply where it itches.

I hope I have answered your query, if you have no further ones please accept my answer

I wish you a speedy recovery

Follow-up: Started itching all over body and looks like bug bite. How to stop this? 5 hours later
It seems like it is gone. I think it is bedbugs. Any good tips on getting rid of them?
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 6 hours later

I am glad it was just bed bugs. If the bite site is still itching then you can try calamine lotion on it.
All the best with the fumigation of the house.

Thank you