Started itching all over body after protected sex. What are the chances of STD?

Hi I had a one night stand a few months ago, I used protection. Straight after I was itching all over, does this sound like I have caught a std? I have no obvious signs of any std's apart from itching around my genitals, especially my testicals. There are no rashes, lumps, just itching.
Posted Sun, 9 Dec 2012 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 57 minutes later

I would like to know some more details on your problem so that I can understand better and opine specifically.

How many days after exposure did the itching start?
Is the itching increasing over time?
Have you applied any medication on the affected part?
Do you have any other symptoms elsewhere in the body?

Waiting for your reply

Follow-up: Started itching all over body after protected sex. What are the chances of STD? 55 minutes later
Itching started 30 minutes after intercourse. No the itching eased off a couple of weeks later. I am still itching around the groin area, however I am not sure if this is pyschosamatic? I did catch strep throat from the individual. I wonder if it could of been a symtom of the strep throat, considering I still itch? I have checked for louse and it is not it, I do not have any sores, pain when passing urine. I have not put anything on the itchy area. Could it of been an allergic reaction to the latex condom?
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 11 hours later

Thanks for the information.

Based on the history, I would not consider it to be a sexually transmitted disease of any kind.

The itching you have could be due to simple conditions like dryness of the skin around the genitalia which is more common in cold seasons. Symptoms usually subside soon on its own or with application of Vaseline (Petroleum jelly) or other moisturizer.

The other possibility is that it could be due to fungal infection. In here there may be mild colour change in the skin affected and there may be scales or powdery substance released on scratching. If you notice the same do apply antifungal creams like one containing MICANAZOLE.

Allergic irritant may also produce similar symptoms. Caladryl and a good moisturizer can be helpful.

In brief, I do not consider what you have as something serious as sexually transmitted disease. Local examination by a dermatologist is advisable.

Hope I answered your query. Let me know if you have other concerns.

Wish you good health.