Started irregular spotting and heavy bleeding after copper t insertion. Any advice?

I am a 32 year old woman who had Copper T inserted on 10-Nov. I have had off and on spotting since then. My last period date was 03-Nov. I got my period on 07-Dec after spotting since 03-Dec.

Since today morning my bleeding has increased several fold - I am having to change a pad every 2 hours. I am worried since I have never had such heavy flow since my last delivery.

Can you advice?

Posted Fri, 28 Dec 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 22 minutes later
After copper T insertion there may be irregular spotting and heavy bleeding with/without pain for a few months.Nothing to worry about.Usually it takes the device 2-3 months for it to adjust to the body.
You can take tablet pause 1 tab three times a day for the heavy bleeding.It will control the bleeding.