Started irregular periods. Feeling dizzy, lower abdominal cramps. Concerned

I have never been regular, but for the last the months I was, then XXXXXXX came and nothing. I hanse been havering random dizzy spells where I feel like my head us going to fly away from me, and in between those, if I move my head too fast it feels really odd. I am also suddenly extremely gassy to the point of getting cramps in my lower abdomen
Posted Fri, 20 Jul 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 1 hour later

The first thing that comes to my mind is check with home pregnancy test. Repeat it twice every 72 hours if it results negative.

Irregular periods can possibly be uncontrolled hypothyroidism. Do you take regular thyroid supplements early in the morning before first meal? If not check these.

Fibroids present with bleeding in between menstrual periods and pain as well, a rare possibility in your case. PCOS, it should definitely be checked for with blood tests.

First things first. Hydrate well it helps during dizzy spells. Rest for a day with complete bed rest.

I will wait for your answer.
Follow-up: Started irregular periods. Feeling dizzy, lower abdominal cramps. Concerned 8 minutes later
I had an ultrasound a few months ago to check out my uterus. They saw two masses, but told me they couldn't properly diagnose whether or not they are fibroids. So I still am just left with knowing there are two masses, but nothing more. I'm drinking lots of water, but it doesn't seem to help the dizziness much. It happens worse when I'm at work, and standing a lot. I'm also constantly tired, and get headaches easily and often.
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 20 minutes later
Did they check the blood pressure, pulse rate while standing, sitting and lying on the bed? Did they test hemoglobin? They say a lot about your malady. You absolutely need medical attention as per the description. XXXXXXX a Gynecologist or Primary and ask them to order an Ultrasound again. Fibroids are easily diagnosed on Ultrasound, you should get it done once again from a better Sonologist / Gynecologist.

You should completely rest out for couple of days after the consultation. Since the independence day is around you should take off from your work and rest for one extra day. Meantime check for pregnancy if you are planning.

Please use any answer clarification if you have more queries.

Follow-up: Started irregular periods. Feeling dizzy, lower abdominal cramps. Concerned 13 minutes later
We have been trying to get pregnant for the last year and a half. And so far nothing, unfortunately. Thank you so much for your help.
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 15 minutes later
Few points to add are fibroids are one of the first to think. Only submucosal fibroids interfere implantation of the formed zygote. Transvaginal Ultrasound is better to detect such fibroids.

All the best, if you like my answers please close our discussion and rate it.