Started irregular periods. Experiencing bloating, watery discharge and lower back pain. Chances of pregnancy?

Hi am 31 years ago i was seasonique off and on for about a year. I got off it last month and i got my period on sept 9 i had for 7 days, i used a femenine wash and got a bad case of yeast infeaction. I was also wearing tight and uncomfortable under wear. The cream discharge got better however, my period was due on Oct 7 and now am 9 days late. I have some bloating, watering discharge, lower back pain, headache, tried at times, get out of breath for just wahsing my hair or taking the train, cramps, itchness (by the end of the day) no sore breast and for a few days a pain on the right side of under my breast by the rib area. I took 3 HPT and all were (-) please help thank you
Posted Sun, 4 Nov 2012 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 4 hours later
Hello, I would be happy to help you with your question today!

First of all, a pregnancy test will usually turn positive about the time of your missed period. So based on this alone, it does not sound like you are pregnant.

Your story started with coming off birth control pills and using a feminine wash related to your cycle. The feminine wash may very well have been the cause of the yeast infection, but certainly made more likely by the the tight underwear. All of the above kills the normal bacteria and creates an environement that favors yeast. It sounds like you understand this already. Other ideas for preventing these in the future include:
1. Avoid douches or feminine washes
2. Eat yogurt daily or take Acidophilus capsules
3. Use over-the-counter yeast creams instead of the washes if you have symptoms

With regard to some of your other symptoms: bloating, low back pain, headache, cramps - these all sound cycle related, and just coming off of the pill can cause some irregularity in terms of WHEN you ovulate. In all likelihood, you had delayed ovulation which leads to a late period, and these are all symptoms related to the delayed second half of your cycle.

Finally, you mention a watery discharge and itching by the end of the day. This sounds like a persistent yeast infection, and so my above recommendation to treat with an over-the-counter yeast preparation holds some hope to help with this part of your complaint.

And lastly, the pain under the right side of your breast and breathlessness might be worth seeing your doctor about. You need a breast exam and for someone to listen to your lungs!

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have additional questions!