Started getting severe headache. Easy way to get cure?

Jan 2013

I have just started getting headaches daily for the past 3 weeks and not sure why. Prior to that I might have had a headache 1 or 2 times a year. Cam mot figure out what the problem is. I am eating and drinking the same things I always have and get plenty of sleep. What else can I look for. I was out of town for a couple of days and did not seem to have any headaches but within an hour of being home I got a bad headache.
Posted Fri, 5 Apr 2013 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 58 minutes later
Welcome to XXXXXXX forum.

Let me know the associated symptoms along with mentioned.
Do you have nausea or vomiting/ tears and running nose/ abdominal and urinary symptoms?
What is the type of headache?
Is there any aggravating or relieving factor for headache?
Is headache aggravated with exposure to noise and light?

There are 15-20 types of headache have been defined and diagnosis depends on the history defined by patient.
Migraine is the most common type of headache and it is characterized by pulsating headache, nausea or vomiting, aggravation with exposure to light and noise.

You should consult with XXXXXXX medicine specialist/ neurologist and should go for thorough check up.
You should go for complete blood count, erythrocyte sedimentation rate, CT/ MRI scan of brain.

Exact treatment depends on the diagnosis.
You should take sumantriptan and Naprosyn, divalproex and propranolol on written prescription.

Hope that helps.
Let me know your other query.
Take care,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava