Started getting neck pain. CT scan showed minimal marginal oestophytes at c5 and c6. What care should be taken?

I am 30 year old. I used to swim a lot and had few neck injuries at that time. I started getting neck pain. I have undergone a CT scan . The report says minimal marginal oestophytes noted at c5 and c6 and remain everything is normal. What care should i take.
Posted Mon, 29 Oct 2012 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 1 hour later
osteophytes are abnormal bony growth at the bony margins and also can result from abnormal calcification of attaching ligament called enthesopathy.
You should learn neck exercises from a neurophysiotherapist and practise them regularly, you should do warm water bottle fomentation locally twice a day.
In times of static posturing of neck like reading/ computer work you should use/wearing soft neck collar.
You can use topical pain killers to relieve discomfort initially.
Hope I have answered your query.
If you have any questions I will be happy to answer.
Please close the query if you have no other questions.
Wish you a good health.