Started getting lower back pain after c-section. Looking for relief

Okay, this is weird, but I'll give it a try. Lower back pain…on day five now. It has improved and feels almost okay in the morning upon waking, but hurts after sitting. Hurts quite like I recall from my first C-section, but in my back instead of (obviously, I know) my abdomen. Any great ideas? Get a job where I never have to sit perhaps?
Posted Wed, 13 Mar 2013 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 9 minutes later
The low back ache is a result of muscle spasm which in itself is a protective mechanism body develops so that the back avoids abnormal posture. For pain to go, it takes not only rest (on a comfortable bed) but also avoidance of particular positions (during work, rest or recreation).
The first step is to ensure that you maintain an appropriate posture while working on the computer. Take frequent stretch breaks and drink lots of water. Discontinue using pillow while sleeping straight. Do not lift heavy objects, especially after bending down. Eat a healthy wholesome meal which should satisfy your minerals and proteins requirement.

The most essential and long lasting remedy is exercises. There are certain back strengthening and neck isometric exercises that you must learn from a physiotherapist and perform them at home or work whenever possible. You can also undergo a weeks session of traction at your physiotherapist's clinic.

Last but not least, if its unbearable take medications or muscle relaxant prescribed by your physician. And if it has been long standing illness visit your orthopaedician and clinically-radiologically establish a diagnosis to commence definitive treatment.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.