Started getting light brown spotting. Faint line seen on HPT. Could I be pregnant?

Question
hi.. i need to chat with a doctor to confirm if i m pregnant
I was adviced an HCG 5000 units shot on 31st Oct 2012 and my last period was on 19th oct 2012 morning. yesterday i had slight brown spottings. So i took a home pregnancy test. it showed me a light pink in the 2nd line. today i did it again and it was a little darker pink.
Could i be pregnant?
Posted Thu, 13 Dec 2012 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms

Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 10 minutes later
Yes,it seems that you have a positive pregnancy test.You can repeat the test after a week. According to your LMP you are just about 4 weeks pregnant.You can confirm with a ultrasound after 2 weeks.

Follow-up: Started getting light brown spotting. Faint line seen on HPT. Could I be pregnant? 6 minutes later
Thanks a lot doc. but what about the spotting i had yesterday. and do u have slight pain during these days?

Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 2 minutes later
Spotting in early pregnancy is common although its not a good sign.You need to take complete rest and and avoid any heavy work for some time.If the spotting continues and increases you need to be examined and will need a ultrasound asap.
You may also get some pain in the lower abdomen but rest is the only treatment for that.

Follow-up: Started getting light brown spotting. Faint line seen on HPT. Could I be pregnant? 19 minutes later
infact i got a blood test done this morning BETA HCG. the report shows 112.97mIU/ml. so does that help confim i am pregnant?

Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 9 minutes later
Yes,its definitely in the pregnancy range.Get a ultrasound in 2 weeks.

Follow-up: Started getting light brown spotting. Faint line seen on HPT. Could I be pregnant? 7 days later
Hi doc,

After the last discussion with u, I got another beta hcg blood test done on 20th Nov and the hcg level then was 732 mIU/ml and again another 1 on 22nd Nov which measured as 2238 mIU/ml. My last period was on 19th Oct' 12. kindly advice how many weeks pregnant am i.

Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 28 minutes later
you have a progressive pregnancy. And according to the beta hcg levels you are progressing normal. The beta hcg should double every 48hrs. If you see the lab report it will mention the week of gestation.

Follow-up: Started getting light brown spotting. Faint line seen on HPT. Could I be pregnant? 4 hours later
Thanku for the reply. I was asking because I am not feeling anything since the last 2 days, like i was feeling before. i mean no feeling in the stomach. just feeling normal. while checking on the net, i saw something new.. they mentioned that having this level of HCG Count in the 4th week could be twins. please confirm if it is true.

Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 2 hours later
No,twin pregnancy can only be confirmed by ultrasound.But yes,if the beta hcg levels are abnormally high,it may indicate multiple pregnancy.But each lab has its own reference values with regard to beta hcg levels. So it should correspond to that.If the levels are increasind more than double then multiple pregnancy may be present which has to be confirmed by usg.You wont feel anything at present.Fetal movement starts only after 20 weeks.