Started getting knee pain. Was doing regular exercise. What might be the cause?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
Knee started paining for the last 5-6 months. Height 5.6 , weight 75 Was doing cardiac excercise like walking & running till six much back on treadmill. Stopped now. Now playing outdoors games with less running invloved.
Posted Sun, 8 Dec 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 22 hours later
Brief Answer: You might be suffering from arthritis of patella. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for your query. Considering your age, previous medical history and your present complaints, you might be suffering from arthritis of patella. In early stages it presents as painful initiation of movement of knee and later on subsides during routine work. This condition is called as Chondromalacia patellae. But it is too early to say that you are suffering from this condition, without a proper clinical examination by an orthopaedician. Visit your doctor, get yourself examined. Your doctor will advice you to go for a xray. Generally physiotherapy for your quadriceps muscle with straight leg raising and knee mobilisation will improve your muscle strength and will decrease the progression of arthritis. Life style modifications like avoiding stairs, squatting, sitting cross legged & cycling will also help in reducing your symptoms. Reducing weight is of prime importance . If the pain is severe, you can take few doses of NSAID's or physiotherapic modalities like IFT to relieve your pain. I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query. Take care
Follow-up: Started getting knee pain. Was doing regular exercise. What might be the cause? 43 minutes later
Thanks a lot Doctor. I am based out of Gurgaon. Request you to suggest a good doctor for my treatment. with warm regards
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Some good orthopaedician are- Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX I am glad to know that I could address your concern. There are many good orthopaedician in Delhi. Near okhla industrial area, some good orthopaedician are- Dr XXXXXXX Salya(Sarita Vihar, Delhi), Dr XXXXXXX Sarup( Defence colony Delhi). Regards.