Started getting headache along with blurred vision. Required cure?

Excellent

Question
Hi, this XXXXXX, yesterday my husband facing 30 mins right eye blurr suddenly with head ache. Today both eyes blurr around 30 mins with headache. What we want to do? Please advise us....
Posted Thu, 2 May 2013 in Headache and Migraines

Answered by Dr. Maruti Karale 4 hours later
Hello XXXXXX

Headache along with blurring of vision can occur in migraine or cluster headache sometimes even in tension headache.

I would like to know-

Is he having similar complaints in past or in his family?
Is it associated with nausea, vomiting or redness of eyes?
Have checked his blood pressure?
Have you checked for papilloedema (eye examination)?

As per present scenario, migraine is more likely hence, NSAIDS like aceclofenac and paracetamol will relieve the symptoms. Please suggest your husband to quit smoking as smoking may aggravate the symptoms.

If you have any more doubt, you can write to me.

Thank you.

Follow-up: Started getting headache along with blurred vision. Required cure? 19 hours later
Hi sir, thanks for your response,

There is no such complaints in his family.
My husband had similar symptom few months back, it was only about a min. He didn't took that so seriously. This time the symptom last for more than 20 min.

No, he don't have any discomfort in stomach or vomiting or redness of eyes.
He has headache while coughing.

Have checked his blood pressure?
He has not checked it yet.
He has not checked it yet.

Answered by Dr. Maruti Karale 25 minutes later
Hello XXXXXX,

Thanks for your reply and giving detailed information.

If his headache is more at morning and episodic, lasting few hours in a day and occurs few days in week or month then chances of migraine are more.

Continue NSAIDS like aceclofenac and paracetamol for pain relief. Sometimes such symptoms can occur due to exertion, tension, inadequate sleep, and sinusitis.

If symptoms remain persistent, get blood pressure checked and eye examination done for papilloedema to rule out any significant pathology.

Hope this solves your problem.

Thank you.