Started getting early pregnancy symptoms few days before period. Worrisome

Question
I am on day 24 of my menstral cycle. The past week Ive been very tired, been peeing a lot, having a sick to my stomach feeling all day & my breasts sting every once in awhile. i usually have 30 day cycles. I didnt know if it would be strange to feel pregnancy symptoms already?? My husband and I did not use birth control this cycle
Posted Sat, 11 May 2013 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms

Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 15 minutes later

Early pregnancy symptoms can be felt as early as one week after conception; usually felt are the tender breasts and tiredness. Increased urination is seen after 6 weeks of pregnancy. Nausea and morning sickness is observed after 2 weeks of conception.

So, you have certain symptoms suggestive of conception while others do not comply. In the current scenario, you have two options; either wait for your period before testing for pregnancy or taking a serum beta-hCG level now to look for the presence of pregnancy. If you wish to take a home pregnancy test, you should do it 3-7 days after the missed period with a fresh early morning sample of urine.

Hope I have answered your query. Please get back if you need further clarifications. I will be happy to help.

regards,
Shanti.V.

Follow-up: Started getting early pregnancy symptoms few days before period. Worrisome 2 minutes later
i also have a lot of bloating in my stomach & it seems harder than normal. is that preg symptom too?this would be my second pregnancy- i have a 21 month old son. i didnt know if i could feel symptoms sooner because of being pregnant before. i just dont feel right & also had cramping on my right ovary the past week.

Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 13 minutes later

Thanks for writing back.

Bloating and abdominal cramps can be seen in early pregnancy. Food cravings or aversions and mood swings are also observed. They usually resemble those of the premenstrual phase.

As I have suggested, you can get either a blood test now or wait for your expected date and take a test if you miss the period.

Meanwhile, please avoid further intercourse until and after the diagnosis is made. If you have conceived, it would be advisable to avoid intercourse during the first and last trimesters of pregnancy.

Hope I have clarified your doubt. Please feel free to contact if you have further queries. I will be ready to help.

regards,
Shanti.V.

Follow-up: Started getting early pregnancy symptoms few days before period. Worrisome 3 minutes later
Thank you

Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 4 minutes later

You are most welcome and please feel free to contact me if you need any further assistance. I will be there to help you.

regards,
Shanti.V.