Started gaining weight rapidly. How to reduce this?

sir, i am 23 yrs old lady. My weight increasing atleast 1 kg per month.
within one year my weight increased from 45 63 kg. I am eating only atleast chappathi and 3 dosa most of the days. My blood also normal. Is there any problem sir, please provide some solution for me.
Posted Fri, 3 May 2013 in Weight & Lifestyle
Answered by Dr. Akhilesh Dubey 1 hour later

Thanks for your query to this forum

You have gained 18 kg in 1 year. This looks abnormal. You have mentioned that your blood tests are normal.

Rapid weight gain can be due to causes like Hypothyroidism, Cushing syndrome and Polycystic ovary syndrome. These needs to be ruled out first.

A low calorie in diet and increasing physical exercise is absolutely necessary to gradual weight loss.
You should visit a good Physician for examination and investigation, to rule out the earlier mentioned conditions. If everything is normal, then he/she can plan accordingly for reducing your weight.

Please keep me informed about the progress.

If you have any doubt, I will be available to clarify.

Dr. Akhilesh Dubey M.D.