Started gaining weight. Feeling heaviness and constipated after taking food. Safe remedy?

Jan 2013

i am feeling heaviness after taking any food and my motions is also not cleared,and my weight is continuing increasing .pls guide
Posted Wed, 20 Feb 2013 in Constipation
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 38 minutes later
Welcome to XXXXXXX forum.

With the available describe symptomatology, there appears to be possibility of thyroid disorders.
Presence of constipation (motion not cleared), abdominal heaviness and increasing weight suggest the diagnosis.
Diabetes mellitus is also associated with increasing weight, constipation and abdominal heaviness
Diabetes by causing autonomic neuropathy, may be associated with the described symptoms.

You should consult with XXXXXXX medicine specialist and should go for thorough check up.
You should also go for thyroid profile, blood sugar, serum ACTH (for cushing's syndrome), complete hemogram, serum electrolytes (low calcium may cause constipation).
You should take low fat diet. Oily edibles may cause abdominal heaviness and weight gain.
You should take prokinetics along with stool softener for relief of your symptoms.
You should take high fibre diet and also preform physical activity.
This will help in reducing your weight along with relief of constipation.

Hope that helps.
Let me know if I can address any more concerns.
Take care,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava