Started feeling uncomfortable after eating tomato chutney. On medicine for throat infection. Any solution?

Jan 2013

recently i was eating tomato chutney all the 3 times for about 10 days..then a sudden feeling like something occurred in my stomach .....this incident was in the night,,and from the next day i feel a gas type pressure up to down from stomach to chest to throat to ears also really irritates my but no feels like gas can pass through food pipe and released through mouth but i feel that gas is blocked to vocal cords pipe and to ear really irritates habits of any tobacco,alcohols or any other smoking products.................plz help me doctor.....i am also learning singing....but due to this symptoms,when i sing i feel very uncomfortable..........i dont have too much money to spend on the tests like x rays or any other.....if possible,i want home remedies..........
sir i am taking a medicine for throat infections,a medicene for acidity,a syrup for pressure upwards from downwards.and gargelling 3 times a day with warm water and a listerine mouth wash medicated as consulted by an ENT and physician but i reduced some amount of anxiety and irritation but cant cure the problem......sir plz u help me...........
Posted Sat, 18 Aug 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 40 minutes later
1) All your symptoms are more favorable for gastric problems, and not for ENT problems.
2) Kindly avoid Tomato chutney as tomato has been labeled as one of the culprit edible for precipitating Acidity problems.
3) Your symptoms also suggest Gastro-esophageal reflux disorder (GERD) as symptoms are involving food pipe, chest, and throat.
4) There is as such no correlation of singing and acidity problems.
5) You should go for upper gastro-intestinal endoscopy and get the level of injury inside your GI tract.
6) You should take proton pump inhibitors, gastric protective agents, anatcids on written prescription.
7) You should also take dietary precautions:
a) Avoid tomato, citrus fruits, tea, coffee, chocolates, onion, garlic, oily and
spicy food.
b) You should keep 3 hours difference between meals and sleep.
c) Avoid tight cloths.
d) Avoid legumes.
e) Take Yogurt and soft diet.
f) Take small amount and frequent foods.
Put your query if you have.
Best regards,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava
Follow-up: Started feeling uncomfortable after eating tomato chutney. On medicine for throat infection. Any solution? 13 minutes later
sir this problem can be cured completely or not ...or after treatment this problem will return in my throat........i always have fear of this.......i want to become normal like my backstage past life before these symptoms.............well i have consulted a general physician...he gave me some medicines..a vitazyme syrup for prssure to decrease down,azithromycin tablets-azibact-500 for throat infections,nexpro rd 40 torrent for acidity or gas and to gargle with warm water withbenzydamine mouthwash-tantium,oral these medications gud for my problems or these deals nothing for my problem plz help me other doctors in my living area....i have to go to a very far place for any gastro intestinal endoscopy that u have referred plz give me some home remedies that can completely solve my problems or plz give me some idea ie what to tell my problem about that physician doctor that gave me these medicines......plz help sir......i will be very grateful to u for this.......
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 15 minutes later
Vitazyme is not a useful medicine.
Gastric mucosa may be affected by H. Pylori bacteria, an organism culprit for peptic ulcer disease.
H. pylori not only causes ulcers but sometimes fundal gastritis, chronic atrophic gastritis, nodular/ follicular gastritis and in worse condition adenocarcinoma of stomach.
So you should go for UGI endoscopy.
Any throat problem doesn't causes gastric problem while gastric problem may cause throat problem.
For home remedies, you should consult with ayurvedic doctors.
As no ayurvedic medicine are available for treatment of H. pylori bacteria.
You should tell physician/ gastro-physician for acidity problems.
I think this will solve your query.
Get well soon,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava
Follow-up: Started feeling uncomfortable after eating tomato chutney. On medicine for throat infection. Any solution? 51 minutes later
sir i also feel hungry approximately all the i takes some biscuits.
but there is no problems on my taste of the mouth which is a symptom of it really GERD...sir i am very scared now after seeing your it a major problem and would i die in future......sir i am having fear of this......

.sir i am in consult with a doctor who is both ENT and general physian.....can he really deal with my problems of GERD gastric problems of food pipe,chest and throat....can i believe him for treatment and his medications.......plz reply sir.........

my friend had also a same problem but he told me that the problem was masterbation and his sex this true ....can it really cause gastric probs..............
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 1 hour later
In GERD, at times there is sour taste in mouth which is called as "water brash", so if it not present then presence of GERD can not be ruled out.
No its not a major problem until unless you have ulcer in stomach/ duodenum and burst out then it is life-threatening.
ENT surgeons are aware of these disease, you should consult with physician/ gastro- physician.
No, masturbation is not a problem. Well it has been defined as a good practice. It is not related with gastric problems
I think this will solve your query.
Take care,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava
Follow-up: Started feeling uncomfortable after eating tomato chutney. On medicine for throat infection. Any solution? 23 hours later
thank you are a very goog advisor......god bless u sir.....bye........very grateful to u..
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 48 minutes later
Thanks for appreciating.
Get well soon,
Dr. Mayank