Started feeling soreness and lump developed on back of hands. Should I consult a doctor?

Cardiologist
Question
I have a lump on the back of my hand about an hour ago I felt sourness in that spot and now lump about a half inch in diameter has grown there. Should I go to an emergency room
Posted Mon, 10 Dec 2012 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 49 minutes later
Hi there,
Thanks for writing in.
I am a medical specialist with an additional degree in cardiology. I read your mail with diligence.
If you have any of the four features listed below please go to ER or have someone taken to emergency room.
1. PAIN
2. REDNESS ON THE LUMP
3. SWELLING EVEN IF IT INCREASES SLIGHTLY MORE THAN WHAT YOU NOTICED
4. THERE IS THROBING
To add to it if you have warmth over the swelling or running a fever which was not there yesterday. Good Luck.
With Best wishes.
With Best Wishes:
Dr Anil Grover
MBBS, MD (Medicine) DM(Cardiology)
Cardiologist and Medical Specialist
http:/ WWW.WWWW.WW