Started feeling sleepy, muscle pain, memory loss after masturbation. Have ED problem. Permanent solution?

hello doctor,
I have the habit of masturbation for past 8 years, and from past 4 years whenever i masturbate, i have a feeling of something being released into my brain, which makes me feel sleepy, dizzy, muscle pain and loss of memory and I have this feeling for at least couple of weeks. from past 2 to 3 years i am getting wet dreams and very recently (from last month) i am having erection problems. i do not get erections during the night time as well, which i used to get a month back. i have high cholesterol (LDL 150 and HDL 37). I urinate very frequently and cannot hold in my bladder for long time. Why am i having the erectile dysfunction and what are the possible permanent solutions and what are the immediate short term solutions. is it possible to go back to the original situation where i had good erections.i am getting married next month and i am very worried it might impact my sex life with my wife. and this is making me very nervous and depressed. please help me.

Posted Mon, 6 May 2013 in Erectile Dysfunction
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 57 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query. First of all please relax. You do not seem to have any major health problem.

It is better that you visit your doctor and get your self examined for things like

Blood pressure
Blood sugar
Vit B12 defi
Thyroid disorder.

Your lipids are abnormal, still there is nothing much to worry about it.

Apart from this it seems that you are very anxious about your problem and one of the reasons for not getting proper erection or other things is anxiety.

It is very commonly seen that some misconception about masturbation, some thing heard or read about it, makes you feel guilty of doing masturbation. This is the time when problem starts.

Do not worry, do as advised.

In mean time, please do the following which should help.

Maintain good health.
Do regular exercise and practice yoga and meditation.
Avoid junk food.

I hope this helps.

Wishing you good health and happy marriage life.

Follow-up: Started feeling sleepy, muscle pain, memory loss after masturbation. Have ED problem. Permanent solution? 7 hours later
Thank You doctor Pragnesh!
My BP, Sugar and Thyroid level are normal, which i verified couple of weeks before. I haven't checked for VitB12Def

i have started doing exercise for past few months.

I am more worried as i am not getting any erection at all.I am not sure if I can relax with this problem.

Do you suggest me visiting a Urologist? or is there any other specialist that i should visit?
are there any possible solutions for this problem?

I know i need to relax, but with my marriage in next 1 month and suddenly coming across this problem, is making me very nervous.

Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 30 minutes later

Good to hear from you again.

It is good that most of the investigations are normal.

Yes, visiting urologist is a good option. At least he can examine and find out the possible reasons for your complain. After examination he may advise some further tests which can guide better.

A word of caution: Please keep your self away from so called sexologist.

Keep up the good routine of healthy diet and daily exercise.