Started feeling sick. Is there anything wrong?

Hi. For the last few nights I have started to feel really sick at night. I haven't been sick just feeling like I need to. tonight I have found myself lying down with the shakes. Is there anything wrong with me?
Posted Wed, 31 Oct 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Feeling sick only at night can be related to increased gastric acidity. You need to have your dinner at least two hours before going to the bed. Avoid hot and spicy food, alcohol, tobacco use, carbonated drinks, etc.
Taking an over the counter prilosec might help in decreasing the symptoms.
I suggest you to adapt healthy life style by doing regular exercise and supplement your diet with more fruits and vegetables XXXXXXX in antioxidants like vitamin A , C and E.
Drink more water to detoxify waste products and other important aspect is to take food in small quantities frequently which is helpful in providing energy continuously rather than eating more at a time.

If you are depressed or stressed, try to come out of the situations by dealing with the root cause and diverting yourself in recreational activities and by taking good rest since they are also responsible for tiredness. Yoga and meditation will also help you.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.