Started feeling sick. Could feel the pulse in thighs. Still feel weak, nauseous. Is it viral or bacterial?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
I stating feeling sick two and a half weeks ago, my temerature was ninety six and I had a hard time getting warm I also felt in my left foot like I could feel the pulse in my thigh especially when sitting I also had slight nasea though I only vomitted in small amount. After two days I could eat normally again but I still felt weak. It is two weeks later and while some days I feel almost OK, I still feel weak and I presently feel slightly nausious as well I also still occasionaly feel the circulation in my legs. Do you have any ideas, Thank you so much.
P.S. I saw a docter after the first three days and she said it was probably a virus or bacterial. The computer said Dr. Grief is working on the question I didnt understand what I was supposed to do.
Posted Thu, 3 May 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 9 hours later

Thanks for posting your query

I would like to inform you that this temperature is not suggestive of hypothermia. A difficulty keeping yourself warm is known to occur with infections. Weakness and fatigue is common with all these symptoms in a viral infection

Viral infections are self limiting and they pass off with time and we need to treat symptoms only. In all probability, the nausea is due to a viral infection. Drink plenty of fluids, have an antacid and a prokinetic agent like domperidone or metoclopramide, if needed. These are prescription drugs and you would need to see your physician for that.
A complete blood count would be needed to rule out a bacterial infection, if your symptoms don’t become ok in a few days.
I hope I have addressed your concerns.
Get well soon