Started feeling nauseous after broking bone. Is this normal. What should be done?

My son broke his bone las night and is now nauseous. Is this normal? Anything we can do?
Posted Wed, 22 Aug 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 1 hour later

It is normal to feel nauseous when a person is in pain or fever. Your son has had a broken bone last night. It is expected of him to be nauseous. Also, if he is on any medicines like analgesics for the broken bone, they can cause nausea too.

Give him plenty of fluids to drink and only liquid bland diet until the nausea subsides. If he is to take any medicine, give it after food.

He shall be fine soon.

I hope to have answered your query. Please do write back for further queries that you may have.