Started feeling hot with fast heart rate. What is wrong?

Hi.I am 33 years old.Not to long ago I took my daughter to her dental checkup as usual but as soon as I walked in I felt my heart beat very fast started shaking and I started feeling hot. I could not even sign in. My hand was shaking too fast.I got so embarrassed and worried.It has been happening more frequently at stores and even when my family come over.What is wrong with me?Please help!Thanks
Posted Sun, 28 Apr 2013 in Heart Rate and Rhythm Disorders
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 3 hours later
Welcome to healthcare magic!
This type of feeling of reeling in head, blurred vision, hollow echoing self voice and shakiness is very much suggestive of a vasovagal attack where you feel suddenly very nervous when you are in a bit unadjusted and stressful places like hospitals, courtroom etc.
In such situation patient may have a drop in heart rate and a fall in BP due to centrally mediated overactivity of vagus.
You should do regular work outs and jogging and other endurance improving exercises and when you plan to visit such places, well hydrate yourself before going there e.g. take a salted lassi(butter milk) a juice or a 300ml of lemonade.
You will get relief very soon. Still if you feel the symptoms then sit down immediately to prevent fall which will also avert the episode of symptoms.
I hope you would get benefited with my advise.
If still the problem remains then you may have some cardiac arrhythmia and you will need to undergo a Holter record and an assessment by a local cardiologist.
Wish you a good health.