Started feeling headache, nausea and shaky body after waking up in morning. What is the problem?

I woke up one morning had my head on the pillow, the room started to spinning and my eyes flickered real fast, my left arm became warm, felt lite headed and nausea, my hold body shakes and trembles. What is the problems.
Posted Tue, 24 Jul 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 57 minutes later

Thank you for Samiti your question. Your question is a good one and I will work on providing you with some information and recommendations regarding what is going on.

My primary concern with your symptoms is that you may be dealing with a vascular issue in your brain. If there is a disturbance of blood flow to the brain this can create symptoms similar to those which you have described.

I recommend that you proceed to your nearest urgent care facility or emergency department for evaluation. A physical examination and possibly an imaging study can help to rule out any more worrisome problems.

Another possibility is that you may have been dealing with some vertigo. Vertigo is caused by inflammation of the inside of the ear. vertical does not however usually cause symptoms such as numbness or tingling in the extremities.

Again I think you need evaluation as soon as possible and I recommend that you proceed to your nearest hospital or urgent care center for evaluation.

I thank you again for submiting your question. I hope you have found my response to be helpful and informative. If you have any additional concerns I would be happy to address them.

Dr. Robert