Started feeling cold with body pain after eating cookies. Took advil. Looking for suggestion

I own a auto shop and i had a customer come in and give me some gluten free cookies I ate 4 cookies and probally within 45 minutes i was aching deep in my bones and my body temperature felt like I was freezing I went home took 6 advil and suffered chills all night fir the next two days taking advil to bring down the fevor. In the mixs of this my right groin swelled and my right calf swell and are extremely hot and sore to touch. Still taking advil.
Posted Tue, 23 Apr 2013 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Achuo Ascensius 4 hours later

Thanks for posting on XXXXXXX

Your problem is probably not directly related to the cookies you ate.

What you have at the level of your calf seems most likely of infectious origin; cellulitis or venous thrombosis, and on your groin is an inflamed lymph node.

You will need to visit an ER as soon as possible. At the level of your groin it is most likely an inflamed lymph node which is maybe due to the inflammation at the level of your calf.

Not with standing you may be having a rare form of allergic reaction (doctor needs to rule that out).

Hope this helps and let me know if you have any other questions.