Started drinking fertomid 50 mg. Is it safe to have inercourse while drinking fertomid?

May 2013
Hi, please advise... my period started on the 30th of July, will start drinking Fertomid 50 mg on the 3rd of august (friday), when should i start having intercourse?can i have inercourse while driking fertomid?
this is the second round drinking fertomid...

thanking you in advance
Posted Tue, 21 Aug 2012 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 31 minutes later

fertomid 50 is clomiphene citrate, which is used to induce ovulation,
that should be taken for 5 days, can be started from 2nd to 5th day,
anyhow you can take on 5th day as your doctor adviced,
in case of 28 days cycle the ovulation can occur possibly around 14th day, so you can have intercourse between 12th to 16th day of cycle preferably daily or at least on alternative days, in case of 30 days cycle the intercourse to be planned between 14th to 18th day.
you can have intercourse on days of drinking fertomid also, if you maintain 2 to 3 days of abstinence before ovulatory period that may increase the quality of sperms
which will be useful in case of IUI.
you can track ovulation with ultrasound and plan intercourse which will be better option.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.