Started coughing and struggling to breathe. Not cured by medicine. Any suggestion?

I have had a dry cough for couple of weeks now, I wake up coughing and struggling to breathe. Unable to calm down for few minutes, my chest goes right in when i cough. Medicines dont seem to help.
Posted Thu, 18 Oct 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Sumitra Kumar Mukherjee 1 hour later

I am sorry to hear about your problem. The type of history you have given sounds like asthma attack which is called reversible allergic airway disease.

I think you should see your doctor who can perform a very simple test - peak flow (lung function test). That will confirm the possibility.

Don't worry now a day’s most wonderful medications are available to keep you fit. Do visit a nearest pulmonologist for the tests and medications.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have other enquiries.

Kindest regards