Started coughing and have itching inside chest. What does these itching mean?

Jul 2012

I'm coughing and have itching inside my chest. What does the itching mean?
Posted Wed, 7 Nov 2012 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 53 minutes later
Hi there XXXXXXX.
I hear you. The 'itch' insude your chest probably means some irritation of the bronchi/bronchiloes/respiratory tract in general & probably linked to an allergic bronchitis. hence the cough. Relax. But at 71, i sugggest, you dont tarry too long & get yourself assessed by your local Gp. Keep yourself hydrated with lots of fluids & if there is a 'productive' cough with phlegm, check to see if it is white or discoloured. if the latter, an antibiotic probably in order. If no phlegm (just a dry cough), then check with your local pharmacist for some ant-tussive (cough medicine) that has an antihistamine to control the allergic component of your cough. Cheers & wish you continued good health!
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD