Started brown discharge after periods. PG test positive. What does failing pregnancy mean?

May 2013
Hi. I've recently found out I'm pregnant. My last period was 8/7/12 ended on13/7/12.
On the 20/7/12 I started having brown discharge again on the 21/7/12 then 22 /7/12 I had bright red blood. This is unusual for me as I don't bleed in between period so on tues 24/7/12 I did a random pregnancy test and I came up positive. I was pleased as we have been trying but was concerned about the bleeding, I wen't to the doctors who sent me to the emergency gynocology unit where they checked the neck of my womb and said it was old blood. I had blood test done to check my hcg levels the results came back low at 65 I went back 48 hrs after and they were 94. Yesterday 29/7/12 I had blood test and it was 47..
The nurse said its a failing pregnancy what does this mean ????
Posted Sun, 19 Aug 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 59 minutes later

failing pregnancy is otherwise called miscarriage which can occur in the forms of,
-abnormal embryo due to chromosomal or other genetic abnormalities,
-gestational sac developed without embryo,
-embryo present without heartbeat.

as you are in very early stage of pregnancy normally in this gestational age 60% pregnancies will go aborted without recognition of pregnancy itself, as you performed pregnancy test early may be because of that you recognized pregnancy before missed periods.
in this gestational age failing pregnancy is judged on the basis of beta HCG levels, as that should be doubled in 48 hours, as your HCG levels are not rising and also falling down may be your doctor told that it is failing pregnancy,

but rarely few pregnancies with low levels of HCG will recover and progress, so you better wait for one more week then again check for HCG levels and go for ultrasound,
which will rule out the chance of miscarriage and also the possibility of ectopic pregnancy, depending on the result you can proceed further.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.