Started bloating, fever, sharp head pain, and red hives all over body. Can this be viral disease?

Question
bloating,borbing from little food/water,fiver sharp shooting head pain,chills and big red hives all over body
can this all be just viral illness?
Posted Mon, 13 Aug 2012 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 3 hours later

The symptoms you mention and some of the tests in the attached reports do make me to consider the Viral illness being the lone cause.

Some other tests like Hemoglobin , calcium etc give a clue into a nutritional deficiency state.Such conditions are well correctable with good balanced diet.

For the present symptoms you may need to take anti inflammatory medications to halt the progress of virus induced inflammation.Advil is a good choice , you can also go for a combination drug like ones containing Paracetamol and Ibuprofen.

The above illness is a self limiting one , it may take days and sometimes weeks depending on the type of virus.

Hope I answered your query,

Wish you good health.

Follow-up: Started bloating, fever, sharp head pain, and red hives all over body. Can this be viral disease? 18 minutes later
I JUST WANT TO BE SURE IT NOT MENINGITIS OR ENCEPHALITIS?
IT IS SCARY
WHAT ABOUT HIVES IT IS LIKE ROUND RED SPOTS SIZE FROM 2 -6 DIAMETERS,THEY HOT BY TOUCH,IT WAS LITTLE ONE LIKE DIME AND THEN GETTING BIGGER ?

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 4 minutes later

Thanks for writing back.

The hives are one of the typical sign seen in viral illness.It is because of these I consider the viral illness being the cause here.

Meningitis also does cause symptoms like one you have but the progression would be much faster with severe symptoms.

Need not worry, a antiinflammatory combination would suffice and help you recover soon.

Wish you good health.