Started bleeding from testicle after taking a shower. Underlying cause?

my DadMy Dad was done taking a shower when he started bleeding from his testicles. He stated to me that his skin has developed scales and it itches bad. He also said that he has had this condition since he was a young child. What can this be?
Posted Tue, 16 Apr 2013 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 2 hours later

The testicular skin (Scrotum) is more prone for fungal infections, such infections render the scrotal skin dry and scaly associated with intense itching. Scratching may cause breaks in the skin. If the infection is deep seated in the skin scratching may result in exposure of superficial blood vessels leading to bleeding.

I suggest him to apply anti-fungal medications like MICONAZOLE NITRATE twice daily after thoroughly washing the affected area with warm water. This will surely help him get rid of the problem. Also if the itching is severe then he can take a dose of BENADRYL once in the night after food.

Hope, I answered your query.

Please let me know if there are any other concerns.