Started bleeding from nose. Feeling pain in shoulder blade, back and hips. Suggest some cure

Im 38 never had nose bleeds. Last 4 days I've had 3 they last ten to 30 seconds from left nostril...constant flowing drip.. far as health problems i dont know. Need physical. Been ten yes maybe ...have slot of middle upper under right shoulder blade pain in back that goes down too my hips. Only extreme pressure laying flat on hard floor feet on wall helps..back constantly pops.
Posted Thu, 16 Aug 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Divya Kuttikrishnan 1 hour later
Hello there,

Thanks for writing in.

I would advise you to XXXXXXX your physician first as he might examine you, check your blood pressure , ask for relevant investigations like Bleeding time, clotting time, platelet count, hemoglobin, Prothrombin time PT/INR ,Liver function test, (MRI--for the back pain) etc.

Sometimes very high blood pressure can cause bleeding from the nose. If your BP is high , other tests like ECG, blood sugars and lipid profile might be in order.

Other causes of bleeding from the nose are trauma (nose picking etc), upper respiratory infections, bleeding disorders or if on any medication like warfarin etc.

If the reports come back as normal you might want to visit your ENT doctor , to rule out any local causes in nose, as a cause for epistaxis .

If bleeding from the nose occurs again, sit on a chair, bend your head slightly forward, apply pressure on both your nostrils for five minutes by compressing it with your thumb and index finger and breathe through your mouth. After sometime apply ice wrapped in a towel on the nose.

I hope I have answered your queries .I will be happy to answer any further queries you might have.

In case you don't have any further queries, please accept my answer. Any reviews are welcome.

Have a great day.

Dr.Divya Kuttikrishnan
Follow-up: Started bleeding from nose. Feeling pain in shoulder blade, back and hips. Suggest some cure 6 hours later
How can i send photo too u of area of pain it is
Answered by Dr. Divya Kuttikrishnan 2 hours later
There must be a provision for uploading reports or images when you ask your query. If that is not possible, you can e-mail it to me at YYYY@YYYY .