Started bleeding from mouth. X-ray and blood test fine. Taking telekast f. Could it be blood cancer?

I seen bleeding from mouth, i consulted chest specialist doctor he did xray for lungs and complete blood test. And he told both xray & blood report are normal.He given TELEKAST F medicine for 10 days.Do i have blood cancer??
I getting pains in joints also.please help me do i need to consult oncologist.
Posted Thu, 18 Oct 2012 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 40 minutes later
Hello and thank you for sending your question.

Your question is a very good one and I will work on providing you with some answers and information.

First of all I want to reassure you that I am very confident that you do not have a blood cancer. There is nothing about what you have told me so far which makes me suspicious that this could be a problem for you.

Regarding the bleeding that you have been experiencing this could be related to gum disease. You need to see a dentist to have a full examination to see if this might be a problem for you.

If you see a dentist and the dentist sees no problem then it might be reasonable for you to visit with a primary hematologist. The hematologist will check additional blood tests to make sure that you have adequate coagulation.

The joint pains what you are experiencing are very likely related to getting a little bit older. It is very common to have intermittent joint pains as we age.

Again I want to reassure you I do not think there is any type of cancer going on. I would recommend that you see a dentist as I have recommended above.

Thank you again for sending your question. Please let me know if there's anything else I can help you with.

Dr Robert
Follow-up: Started bleeding from mouth. X-ray and blood test fine. Taking telekast f. Could it be blood cancer? 3 hours later
Thank you so much doctor for your information.please see my blood report which was done on September 26,2012.Is blood report is sufficient to say whether blood cancer occurred or not?? please let me know briefly about gums disease.

RBC : Predominantly normocytic normochromic erythrocytes.
WBC : Within normal limits .
Platelets : Adequate.
Impression : Normal study
HAEMOGLOBIN     14     gm/dL      13 - 17
RBC COUNT     4.7     millions/cmm      4.5 - 5.5
PACKED CELL VOLUME [PCV]     42     %      40 - 50
WBC COUNT [TOTAL]     9     Thousands/cumm      4 - 11
Polymorph     75     %      40 - 75
Lymphocyte     17     %      20 - 45
Monocyte     6     %      2 - 10
Eosinophil     1     %      0 - 6
Basophil     1     %      0 - 1
PLATELET COUNT     395     Thousands/cumm      150 - 450
ERYTHROCYTE SEDIMENTATION RATE.ESR     7     mm/hr      0 - 10
MCV     89     fl      80 - 100
MCH     30     pg      27 - 32
MCHC     34     gm/dL      32 - 35
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 3 hours later
Hello and thank you for the additional question.

This laboratory report which you have shared with me indicates a completely normal blood count. This does not necessarily rule out the possibility of any type of cancer but as I stated before you have no other symptoms or signs which are suggestive of any type of malignancy. Again I am confident you do not have any type of blood cancer.

Thank you again for sending your question. I am here for you if you have additional concerns.

Dr Robert