Started bleeding after taking lysteda. What should I do?

i am bleeding after taking Lysteda. What should I do?
Posted Fri, 1 Mar 2013 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 30 minutes later
It seems that you are having heavy uterine bleeding even after taking Lysteda- Tranexaemic acid.
Lysteda only provides a short term control of bleeding. To completely stop the bleeding, you need a progesterone support like regesterone or oral contraceptive pills. You can get the necessary medicines prescribed from your gynecologist.
Meanwhile start taking iron supplements to take care of the iron deficiency caused by the blood loss.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Started bleeding after taking lysteda. What should I do? 17 hours later
The bleeding doesn't have pain with it. But my lower back is constant pain. When I drink 12 ounces, I can't finish it all because I feel like I'm full and stay sleepy all the time. Is it related to the bleeding or what is causing that?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 6 hours later
Thanks for writing again.
The pain in the lower back might be related to the uterine contractions during the bleeding.
This pain is likely to subside once the bleeding becomes lesser. You need iron supplements to decrease the feeling of weakness and sleepiness.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.