Started bleeding after sex. Missing period for next month and losing weight. Could I be pregnant?

Question
Hello, I had a question about my menstral cycle. See I had sex January first, and started my period five days later. It came earlier than usual because I usually start later in the month. This month I'm later than I was last month, I thought well maby I should wait a little longer to see if It will come later this month sense last month is one of the rare times it has come earlier in the month. Could I be pregnant? Or am I overthinking it? Also please not that I have been losing weight, and I am on a new medication. If I am pregnant wouldn't I be expieriencing symptoms by now?
Posted Sat, 2 Mar 2013 in Menstruation and Miscarriage

Answered by Dr. Nilofer AR 13 minutes later

Since you had your period 5 days after sexual intercourse, less likely you are pregnant.

Presuming you had no contact after your periods, causes of missed periods could be Stress, emotional instability, hormonal imbalance,excess weight gain or loss,ovarian cyst.

However i still recommend you to wait for 1 week following missed periods and then get a urine pregnancy test (UPT) done.
Also an ultrasound to rule out pregnancy/ovarian cyst.

Since you do not have any pregnancy symptoms like sore nipple, enlarged breast size, mood swings, chances of pregnancy are minimum.

I would like to know:
1. You are on which medications?
2. Have you done your thyroid profile. If so please attach the report.

Waiting for your response.
Dr Nilofer

Follow-up: Started bleeding after sex. Missing period for next month and losing weight. Could I be pregnant? 11 minutes later
Currently taking vyvanse, which has been causing me to lose weight. Just started this medication about a week ago.

Answered by Dr. Nilofer AR 22 minutes later
I appreciate your prompt response.

Vyvanse is a steroid which causes weight loss.
I recommend you to
1. Get a thyroid profile as thyroid problem could cause menstrual irregularities.
2. maintain ideal BMI-18-24.
3. Have healthy balanced diet.
4 Keep yourself active.

Your chances of pregnancy are minimum.
So be stress free.

Hope this helps,
Dr Nilofer

Follow-up: Started bleeding after sex. Missing period for next month and losing weight. Could I be pregnant? 6 minutes later
This does help, thank you for the tips.

Answered by Dr. Nilofer AR 17 minutes later
Its my pleasure to help you.
Take care and regards,
Dr Nilofer