Started bleeding after periods. Should I go for medical treatment?

I finished my menstrual cycle last nite ( or so I thot) n didn't notice any blood all forenoon or during note but suddenly this afternoon I felt something coming n it was blood!! It was kinda heavy rite then but not so heavy now! Mostly notice it when I pee! Is this normal or should I see a dr.?
Posted Sun, 21 Oct 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Meenakshi Titoria Sahu 5 hours later

This could be a normal finding as result hormonal fluctuations. However to be on a safer side it is advisable to get examined by Gynecologist. Your doctor will examine you and may advise some investigations like ultrasound of uterus and blood tests.

Meanwhile drink lot of fluids and take healthy balanced diet.

Hope this answers your query. Should you have any doubts/other concerns, I will be glad to address them.

Best wishes
Follow-up: Started bleeding after periods. Should I go for medical treatment? 6 hours later
It's not bleeding as heavy anymore... Should I notice pain or other symptoms before I need to worry about going to a dr.?
Answered by Dr. Meenakshi Titoria Sahu 1 hour later

In my opinion, you should not wait for other symptoms to appear. If you are still bleeding (after your periods are over), you should see doctor.

Best wishes