Started bleeding after period. Getting headache, abdominal pain and tiredness. What is wrong?

I had my period from the 31st until the 6th and have started back bleeding as of two days ago. Abdominal pain and bleeding as though I am having another period. I have a headache and feel tired as well. Took an at home pt came back negative. Backstory have two girls one 3 other is 1 had tubes tied after last.
Posted Fri, 3 May 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 22 minutes later
The bleeding that you are having now is likely to be another early period due to a mild hormonal disturbance.Though diet and exercise can help to change the body, sometimes, acute hormone changes induced by them can cause irregular periods.
The etiology of such irregularity can be psychological stress, weight (obesity, anorexia, or a rapid change), exercise, endocrinopathy, neoplasm, drugs, or it may be otherwise idiopathic.
Since the pregnancy test is negative and your tubes are tied, the pregnancy is ruled out.
To decrease the bleeding you need to have progesteone pills along with hemostatic agents like ethamsylate or tranexaemic acid after consulting with your gynaecologist.
Meanwhile start taking iron supplements to combat excessive blood loss from your body.
You have to watch for the second or next cycle and if that is normal , there is no need to worry. If the cycle is again short then you should get your oestrogen and progesterone levels done as well as an USG for endometrial thickness and it is to be done after 15 days of the cycle or after ovulation. I hope your thyroid profile is within normal limits. Stress and anemia can also cause shorter cycles.
You can get the proper treatment under the guidance of your gynecologist.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.