Started bleeding after masturbation. What is the underlying cause?

I am a virgin,21 years old woman.I have had spotting bleeding after masterbation.What could cause this?What should I do?
Posted Wed, 15 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Satyadeo Choubey 27 minutes later

Thanks for visiting XXXXXXX .

Bleeding after masturbation, can be due to some degree of hymenal rupture. It is also possible that hymen is intact and there is injury to private parts by sharp nails. Bleed may also happen if there is underlying infection and symptoms like itching, per vaginal non bloody discharges etc. are there. Sometimes there may be co-incidence of starting of period at the time of masturbation itself.

If it has stopped and is not being followed by any other symptom, then there is nothing to worry. Just get relaxed and enjoy the life.

Best wishes