Started acidity after eating and burning esophagus with dry mouth and shivering. Is it hormonal issue?

OBGYN, Gynecologic Oncology
I started experiencing acidity problem -gas(immediately after eating) and burning in esophagus esp during bed time about 5 months ago. The problem aggravated a few times turning into dizziness, low bp(90/50), extreme dryness in mouth and shivering episodes. After consulting a GI doc and several investigations the cause could not be determined. I took famocid 40 for 2 weeks. The problem recurred after 1.5 months and this time I noticed the timing esp of the lo-bp issue- a week to few days before period start. Could the underlying cause for my acidity problem be a hormonal issue? What investigations could help determine this and what treatment would you prescribe ?
Posted Sat, 7 Dec 2013 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Manjunath L Ramarajapalli 16 hours later
Brief Answer: undergo investigations Detailed Answer: Hello, This may not be related to hormones.However I advise you to under go ultrasound of abdomen and pelvis.Also you should undergo upper GI endoscopy examination,then we might be able to identify the cause. Hope this answers your query. Let me know if you need clarifications. Regards