Started Lunesta, used it but did not affect. Should I repeat drug in short interval?

I started Lunesta 3mg. Used it for 3 days and it did not affect me in any way.. Can I repeat the drug after 4 hrs?
Posted Wed, 23 Oct 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Do not repeat within 4 hours, no increase of dose.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for posting query.

Firstly take this medicine only if it is prescribed by your doctor, if it is used by some one for inducing sleep and so you are taking, never do like this.

3 mg of Lunesta is exact dose to induce sleep.

You can not increase the dose by yourself or should not repeat after 4 hours.
Take this medicine with a glass of water.
Do not take after full meal as it affects absorption so its effect might be less.
Within a week if you do not get its proper effect, consult your prescribing doctor and follow his advice.
Take this tablet only if you get 8 hours period of sleep.
Avoid taking during waking hours or while driving, while on some mechanical work etc.

I hope, I answered your query.
If you have further query or clarification, please ask.
take care.