Start sneezing after eating bananas, drinking coconut water, exposure to rain or cold water. Suggestion?

ENT Specialist
I am having a allergy of cold, and it very bad wen it comes i can't able to do any work by sneezing. As i noticed it happens due to following reason :
eating of bananas, Coconut water, Liitle bit of cold water, Rain, etc. It comes anytime.
Please suggest!!!
Posted Wed, 19 Sep 2012 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 7 hours later

Thank you for your query.

1. You have a non-specific allergy to sudden change in temperature.

2. There is no cure for allergy, however it may be controlled.

3. Avoiding the offending trigger is the best measure, though this is very difficult in cases of non-specific allergy such as yours.

4. A trial with the following medication should be tried under medical supervision. An anti-allergic combination of levocetrizine and an anti-leukotriene such as montelukast, a steroid nasal spray such as mometasone,or fluticasone and steam inhalation should be tried for two weeks.

8. You may follow up with the results of this treatment after two weeks for further advice.

I hope that I have answered your queries. If you have any further questions, I will be available to answer them.