Staphylococcal infection in the semen, recovery period

Hello, My husband just got his results back from a semen culture and it was positive for Staphylococcus Aureus. I basically wanted to know if this was a life threatening infection and could he transmitt the infection to me. I also would like to know will this infection affect us from having any more babies?
Posted Sun, 29 Apr 2012 in Men Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 56 minutes later

Your husband has tested positive for staph infection. This will be cured with a course of antibiotics. There should be no long lasting effect on the semen quality but its always advisable to get a semen analysis repeated after 6 months. Chances of fertility are not affected.

This isn't a life threatening condition. But sometimes in case,of high grade infectionyou may have staph infection also.

I suggest you to consult your primary doctor for appropriate antibiotics. Culture and antibiotic sensitivity test is also recommend if the prescribed antibiotic is not effective.

Hope this is helpful. If you have any more queries, I am available to address them.