Stabbing pain in middle to right side of back right

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
Stabbing pain in middle to right side of back right at the bottom of the rib cage. Stabbing pain when I walk if I turn a certain way and especially if I twist. Do not recall doing anything to tweak my back at all. Worse in the morning eases off in the day

Symptoms      :      Pain in middle to right back at bottom of rib cage. Stabbing pain if I move a certain way or if I cough or sneeze
Posted Mon, 4 Dec 2017 in Back Pain

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
inflammation or a muscle strain

Detailed Answer:
The pain that you have could be due to musculoskeletal inflammation or a muscle strain - This can be diagnosed if the pain increases on specific movements or on direct pressure on the affected area. Such pain can respond to medications like Ibuprofen 400 mg taken three times a day. This generally resolves within a week. ‎
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal