Stabbing pain in legs, foot pain on soles while walking or standing. Taken arrithmia for heart. Realted

Very sharp needle like stabbing pains in (mostly) lower legs. Unexpected, irregular and not exercise stress related. Pain dissipates after some time. Also constant foot pain on soles when walking or standing . Feels like walking barefooted on gravel.
I have taken moderate heart medications for arrithmia for eight years but these pains began 4 years after this medication was begun.
Yes, I'm retired military and did a lot of 'jogging'. Thanks,
Posted Mon, 27 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
Your symptoms suggest that you are having peripheral neuropathy.
Although the most important cause for peripheral neuropathy is diabetes but there can be various other causes like
Excessive consumption of alcohol
Lack of VIT B 12.
Moderate your alcohol,if being taken in excess.
Take VIT B 12 in injectable form for 5 to 7 injections on alternate days or you can take some oral preparation,if you want to avoid injections
Your symptoms shall improve in 2 to 3 weeks.
If your symptoms ont improve,then you may consult your doctor for relevant investigations for finding the cause.
I hope it helps however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck