Stabbing pain in abdomen, near navel. Have constipation and acidity. Stomach ulcer? Kidney stone?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
I feel sudden knife-like pain or stabbing pain in my right side of abdomen. The paining location is around a finger distance from navel. This happens once in (10-15) days but pain lasts for just 4 or 5 seconds. Today the same stabbing pain occurred but it was there for 4 minutes with some gaps. If I take XXXXXXX breath, it even pains more.
One other observation is if I wear tight pant sometimes I felt the same pain in the same area.
This problem I have for more than 2 years.
Sometimes very slight pain (not stabbing pain) happens in the same region for around half a hour or 1 hour.

Other Symptoms:
a. I have no vomitings, no nausea, no fever.
b. Have constipation some times.
c. Have acidity problem.

1. our general physician suspected stone in kidney, but ultrasonography and CT Scan reports are normal. No stone observed.
2. When I visited gastro enterologist, he suspected stomach ulcer and endoscopy report says normal

I am really confused which doctor to consult. What problem I have. Please help.
Posted Wed, 11 Apr 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Ketan Vagholkar 15 hours later
I would like to reassure you that as all your ultrasonography (USG), computerised tomography scan (CT scan) and endoscopy reports are normal, there is no reason to worry. There are several possibilities that arise:
•     The pain could be related to the musculoaponeurotic part ( the muscle layer) of the anterior abdominal wall.
•     Another reason could be wearing tight garments.
•     It could be dyspepsia also as you have history of acidity and occasional constipation.
I would suggest that you take a mild coating agent such as sucralfate and see if it gives relief of pain. This is a prescription drug and I would request you to see your family physician for the same.
For constipation, you should consume lot of water and fibre such as vegetables and bananas.
Bananas, in particular, is a natural antacid and high in fibre.

I hope I have addressed your concerns.