Ssuffered anxiety and has sore neck and throat. Suffering from underactive thyroid

My 14 year old granddaughter has suffered anxiety and has sore neck, sore throat, knees need taping for sport
and very tired, has put on weight would she be suffering from underactive thyroid.
my email is YYYY@YYYY
Posted Tue, 29 Oct 2013 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Shehzad Topiwala 24 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please do lab test for thyroid

Detailed Answer:
It is possible she may have a thyroid condition. Symptoms can be often vague and non-specific and so the best way to ascertain if she has an under-active thyroid is to perform a blood test for thyroid functions like
Free T4
TPO antibodies
TG antibodies

These tests are very reliable in diagnosing the most common form of under-active thyroid.