Squeezing in thoracic area, lesion in cord, demyelination, lipoma. What do I do?

Neurologist, Surgical
I have this terrible squeezing in my thoracic area posterior to my xyphoid process. I have a small lesion in my cord at T9 T10 area and some small demyelination too. This has started up again feeling this way 2-3 days ago severe pain in the lumbar region as well. I also have lymphomas around the bottom rigjt of my rib cag and also have numerous lipomas to bilateral thighs one in the left leg has grown to approx 4-6 inches after several yrs. The right thigh has numerous lipomas and a band of lipoma wrapped around my left and right forearm. What do I do I feel so tight to the thoracic back I feel like I am going to burst.

I have been to a neurologist and had an Emg nerve
Conduction studies but shows ok. Had blood tests run and assumed they are normal and have had a lumbar puncture 9 yrs ago which showed nothing but had a Myelogenous after and showed a 7-8 cm lesion on spinal cord and at the
Time had extreme weakness in both legs more right than left. Have had a MRI of head to make sure don't have lesions but not any. I am so frustrated
Because I have DJD in neck and lumbar stenosis germination in lumbar but spinal canal is not
Being blocked just narrowing.

What do I do next because I am taking Hydrocodone like nobodies business and had been taking Fentanyl patch but taken off of it and getting a pre block before they do rhizotomy in low back.

Please help me. So frustrated!!!! And in severe pain in spine.
Posted Wed, 11 Apr 2012 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Shivakumar S. Kupanur 4 hours later

After going through your history, I understand that you have multiple spinal cord lesions and multiple nodules, which you mentioned as lipomas.

1. Regarding lipoma, you need to confirm whether it is lipoma or a Neurofibroma. You need not to worry about it if it is lipoma. A detailed physical examination and biopsy if needed can confirm the diagnosis.

2. Regarding spinal cord lesions, I would like to go through your previous radiological details. Presently, I am not sure whether it is ‘demyelination’ or a lesion. You can upload your reports on right side of your query page. It will help me in suggesting you better.

3. Regarding your squeezing pain in the thoracic region, it is most likely to be a neuropathic pain which can be controlled to some extent with nerve soothing medications like Gabapentine. Your may try this under the guidance of your treating physician. However other causes of such pain like musculoskeletal, gastric or cardiac causes should be excluded by a detailed examination by your doctor.

4. I would suggest you to repeat the MRI brain and whole spine screening, if not done recently under your spine surgeon's guidance. This will give us an idea of the current status of old lesion or appearance of new lesions and further guide regarding treatment.

Please update me on your previous report and the fresh MRI report, so that further management can be discussed in detail.

I hope, I have answered your query. I will be available for further follow up queries.

Dr. Shivakumar S. Kupanur.
Consultant Neurosurgeon.