Squeezing feeling in chest, pulse skipping a beat, pain in stomach. ECG done. Is it due to anxiety?

I am have a squeezing feeling in my chest and i feel my pulse and my heart is skiping a beat I also have pain in my stomach and really heavy extremities and presure in what feels like my eyes or sinus i have had a stess test ecg and 24 hr halter but it didnt act up durring that time. whatever it is it keeping waking me up at night while im sleeping should i be worried? I have read online alot but alot of people are saying anxiety which i do not have for sure and also i doubt id have anxiety in my sleep
Posted Tue, 23 Apr 2013 in Anxiety and Stress
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 53 minutes later

From the symptoms that you have mentioned, I would suggest you to get a cardiac check up done first of all to rule out any cardiac cause as any chest pain is cardiac in origin unless proved otherwise. You need to get blood tests (cardiac markers and stress ECHO done to rule out any cardiac cause of this tightness.

Secondly it can be due to gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) that can cause such chest tightness and mimics a heart condition.

Avoid alcohol or drinks with caffeine in them, chocolate or spicy or greasy foods and instead take cold foods preferably liquids like milk and yoghurt. It also might help to avoid eating or drinking for two hours before you lie down. You may also need antacids and proton pump inhibitor drugs for controlling the stomach acid.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.